Here to Help in Any Dental Emergency
A dental emergency can be scary and stressful. If you experience one, you need to know there is an emergency dentist you can count on for fast, effective care. Kevin L. Norris, D.M.D. in South Ogden, UT, offers a broad range of emergency dental services for patients of all ages. Our office is fully equipped with the latest technology to handle almost any emergency dental scenario, from infection to trauma from an accident or fall. We treat all dental conditions quickly and accurately to help you minimize pain and damage and completely restore your smile. Dr. Norris and our friendly dental team will handle your issue with prompt service that prioritizes your comfort while we work. Contact us today for more information or to schedule emergency dental treatment when you need it most.
What to Do in a Dental Emergency
Dental emergencies don’t wait for the right time. They can occur anywhere at any moment and cause extreme discomfort for you or your loved ones. When an emergency does happen, you need to be ready. Here are some steps you can take to reduce pain and stress and get your dental issues solved fast:
- Don’t Panic: Panicking can only make the problem worse. Teeth and gums are sensitive areas that require immediate attention, but it is vital to remain calm, assess the damage, and make the right calls in a timely fashion.
- Don’t Try to Fix the Issue Yourself: You should never try to fix an urgent dental issue yourself. Make sure our professional dental experts treat your throbbing tooth or abscess.
- Know Whom to Trust: Kevin L. Norris, D.M.D. is one of South Ogden’s most trusted, family-friendly emergency dentists. Put your faith in our well-earned reputation for results and specialized treatment options and get the assistance you need as soon as possible.
Make the Call: Be sure to have our number ready and call our office right away when faced with an emergency dental situation. Many standard dental offices keep regular business hours. When others are closed, you can count on our availability to get you into our dentist chair and fix everything immediately.
Common Dental Emergencies
Don’t neglect sudden or chronic pain in your mouth or the symptoms of an infected tooth. When an urgent dental issue affects you, Kevin L. Norris, D.M.D., will make sure you get dental care as soon as possible. You might wonder what qualifies as a dental emergency. Below are some of the most common emergency dental scenarios for which you should schedule an appointment:
- Tooth Injuries: When your teeth loosen, crack, break, or are even knocked out from trauma, it qualifies as an emergency tooth injury. You should seek professional dental care within a few hours to return your teeth to their normal state through accepted methods from our trained dental team.
- Severe Toothaches: Tooth pain can be unbearable. It can also indicate more severe problems like infection or decay and should never be ignored. When you experience chronic discomfort, call Kevin L. Norris, D.M.D. to schedule an emergency appointment and let us help you alleviate your pain.
- Impaired Braces: Braces have wires, bands, and brackets that come loose, scrape your gums and cheeks, and cause pain and irritation. After placing a small piece of gauze or cotton ball as a temporary measure, you can call our office for immediate help and put your braces back into alignment.
- Tooth Abscess: A tooth abscess is a root infection that can cause painful swelling and pus in your gums. It can also cause disease to the surrounding tissue and the rest of the body if left unchecked. Seek immediate emergency dental care if you discover a tooth abscess to preserve your health and safety.
- Lost Restorations: Crowns, bridges, and fillings are complex dental devices that help keep your smile intact. If one becomes dislodged or broken, you should seek expert assistance as soon as possible for repairs.
Emergency Dental FAQs
How Is Emergency Dentistry Different From Standard Dentistry?
Unlike general dental treatments like cleanings, root canals, or fillings, emergency dentistry addresses unexpected dental injuries and oral health with immediate care. Our team of dental specialists undergoes specific training to learn how to fix emergency dental issues quickly for the best results.
What Dental Issues REQUIRE Emergency Dentistry?
Many dental scenarios can qualify as “emergency dentistry.” In addition to those listed above, emergency dental conditions can also include teeth that have been pushed into or out of the bone, objects stuck in your teeth or gums, severe bleeding of the teeth and gums, and more.
What Can I Expect During An Emergency Dentistry Visit?
Kevin L. Norris, D.M.D. will assess your dental emergency with you and review your medical history to ensure you are safe to undergo treatment. After your assessment, our dental team may conduct diagnostic imaging of your teeth and jaw using our 3D cone beam CT scanner. From these results, we can create an individualized plan for your dental restoration and perform all dental tasks to take care of the issue. Sedation is available for those with dental phobia and anxiety.
Contact Dr. Kevin Norris, DMD For Emergency Dentistry
Kevin L. Norris, D.M.D. assures you that our staff is fully trained and experienced in helping you resolve any dental emergency you have. We’re ready to bring you in and repair the issue quickly. Call us today for fast, compassionate care.